СДЕЛАЙТЕ СВОИ УРОКИ ЕЩЁ ЭФФЕКТИВНЕЕ, А ЖИЗНЬ СВОБОДНЕЕ
Благодаря готовым учебным материалам для работы в классе и дистанционно
Скидки до 50 % на комплекты
Готовые ключевые этапы урока всегда будут у вас под рукой
Контрольная работа в 9 классе раздел 4 (тема школа) (Passive; Reported Speech; Linking word «although”) (В.П.Кузовлев)
1. Match the words
A primary school
A comprehensive school
To take exams
To fail exams
20. Put the verb into the most suitable passive form.
1. There's somebody behind us. I think we _are being followed_ (follow).
2. A mystery is something that _can't be explained_ (can't/explain).
3. We didn't play football yesterday. The match --- (cancel).
4. The television --- (repair). It's working again now.
5. The church tower --- (restore). The work is almost finished.
6. 'How old is the tower?' 'It --- (believe) to be over 600 years old.'
7. If I didn't do my job properly, I --- (would/sack).
8. A: I left some papers on the desk last night and I can't find them now.
B: They --- (might/throw) away.
9. I learnt to swim when I was very young. I --- (teach) by my mother.
10. After --- (arrest), I was taken to the police station.
11. --- (you/ever/arrest)?' 'No, never.'
12. Two people --- (report) to --- (injure) in an explosion at a factory in Birmingham early this morning.
21. Put the verb into the correct form, active or passive.
1. This house is quite old. It _was built_ (build) over 100 years ago.
2. My grandfather was a builder. He _built_. (build) this house many years ago.
3. 'Is your car still for sale?' 'No, I --- (sell) it.'
4. 'Is the house at the end of the street still for sale?' 'No, it --- (sell).'
5. Sometimes mistakes --- (make). It's inevitable.
6. I wouldn't leave your car unlocked. It --- (might/steal).
7. My bag has disappeared. It --- (must/steal).
8. I can't find my hat. Somebody --- (must/take) it by mistake.
9. It's a serious problem. I don't know how it --- (can/solve).
10. We didn't leave early enough. We --- (should/leave) earlier.
11. Every time I travel by plane, my flight --- (delay).
12. A new bridge --- (build) across the river. Work started last year and the bridge --- (expect) to open next year.
41.3 Put the verb into the correct form, present simple or past simple, active or passive.
1. It's a big factory. Five hundred people _are employed_ (employ) there.
2. Water --- (cover) most of the Earth's surface.
3. Most of the Earth's surface --- (cover) by water.
4. The park gates --- (lock) at 6.30 p.m. every evening.
5. The letter --- (post) a week ago and it --- (arrive) yesterday.
6. The boat --- (sink) quickly but fortunately everybody --- (rescue).
7. Ron's parents --- (die) when he was very young. He and his sister --- (bring) up by their grandparents.
8. I was born in London but I --- (grow) up in the north of England.
9. While I was on holiday, my camera --- (steal) from my hotel room.
10. While I was on holiday, my camera --- (disappear) from my hotel room.
11. Why --- (Sue/resign) from her job? Didn't she enjoy it?
12. Why --- (Bill/sack) from his job? What did he do wrong?
13. The company is not independent. It --- (own) by a much larger company.
14. I saw an accident last night. Somebody --- (call) an ambulance but nobody --- (injure) so the ambulance --- (not/need).
15. Where --- (these photographs/take)? In London? --- (you/take) them?
47.1 Here are some things that Ann said to you:
I've never been to the United States.
I don't have any brothers or sisters.
Dave is lazy.
I don't like fish.
I can't drive.
Jane is a friend of mine
I'm working tomorrow evening.
Jane has a very well-paid job.
But later Ann says something different to you. What do you say?
1. Dave works very hard.
_But you said he was lazy._
2. Let's have fish for dinner.
3. I'm going to buy a car.
4. Jane is always short of money.
5. My sister lives in London.
6. I think New York is a fantastic place.
7. Let's go out tomorrow evening.
8. I've never spoken to Jane.
112.2 Complete the sentences with although/in spite of/because/because of (хотя, несмотря на, потому что, из-за)
1. _Although_ it rained a lot, we enjoyed our holiday.
2. a. --- all our careful plans, a lot of things went wrong.
b. ---we had planned everything carefully, a lot of things went wrong.
3. a. I went home early --- I was feeling unwell.
b. I went to work the next day --- I was still feeling unwell.
4. a. She only accepted the job --- the salary, which was very high.
b. She accepted the job --- the salary, which was rather low.
5. a. I managed to get to sleep --- there was a lot of noise.
b. I couldn't get to sleep --- the noise.
© 2021, тимошенко наталья владимировна 267 3